2.Given this data, it seems that the link between human activities and rising global temperatures is not merely a coincidence.
鉴于这些数据,好像人类活动与正在升高的地球温度之间的联系并不仅仅只是巧合而已。 given用作介词或连词,表示"鉴于;考虑到;倘若"。 考虑到目前的条件,我认为他已做得相当出色了。
Given_the_present_conditions,_I think he has done rather well. 3.The last few years have seen environmental disasters on a grand scale, and experts are predicting far worse to come.
近几年一些环境灾难大规模地出现,专家们预测更坏的局面即将来临。 拟人修辞手法。 天安门前的这两只石狮见证了许多重大的历史事件。
The_two_stone_lions_standing_in_front_of_Tian'anmen_saw/witnessed many great historic events. 二、课堂重点深化
1.reserve vt.储备;保存;保留;预订,预约n.保护区;储备
[自主体验]
写出下列句中reserve的词性及含义
①I reserve my favorable comments for my former monitor.vt.保留
②I can not get the book I want but can I reserve it?vt.预订
③It is advisable to keep some food in reserve in case of emergency.n.储备
④Lucy searched out elephant families in Samburu National Reserve in northern Kenya.n.保护区
单句语法填空
⑤-Have you reserved a room for your friends traveling in your city ahead of time, Mary?
-Oh, I forgot to tell you I have made a reservation for them.They will have a reserved room whenever they get there.(reserve)
完成句子
⑥We always keep some money_in_reserve,_just in case.
我们总是存些钱,以防万一。
⑦They supported the measures without_reserve/reservation.
他们毫无保留地支持这些措施。
一句多译
你必须提前订票吗?
⑧Do you have to reserve_tickets in advance? (reserve)
⑨Do you have to make_a_reservation_of_tickets in advance? (reservation)