你对此了解吗?
-Not until you told me.
直到你告诉我,我才知道。(=I did not know anything about it until you told me.)
-Shall I make a copy of it?
我是否复制一份?
-Yes, if time permits.
是的。如时间容许,请复制一份。(Yes, please make a copy of it if time permits.)
8.有时"so"可用来代替一个从句,或从句的一部分,而把这一部分省略。如:
-Is he coming back tonight?
他是否今晚回来?
-I guess so.
我想是这样。(代替He is coming back tonight.)
-She may not be free today.
她今天下午可能没时间。
-If so, we'll have to put the meeting off.
如果那样的话,我们必须把会议推迟。
9.否定词"not"在句末可用来表示省略
-Will you be free this afternoon?
今天下午你有时间吗?
-I'm afraid not.
恐怕没有。
-Do you mind my opening the window?
我打开窗户你在意吗?
-Of course not.
没关系。