③-How did you do in the test?
-Not so well. I could have done much better but I misread the directions.
④The streets are wet. It must have rained last night.
(2)完成句子
①你不可能买一辆这么昂贵的车。你肯定是从一个富朋友那里借的。
You couldn't_have_bought such an expensive car.You must_have_borrowed it from a rich friend.
②我本来可以帮助你的,但那时我太忙了。
I could_have_helped_you,but I was too busy then.
③灯还亮着,所以他不可能出去了。
The light in his room is still on, so he can't_have_gone_out.
④我房间里的手机找不到了。有可能被我姐姐拿走了。
I can't find my mobile phone in my room.It might/may_have_been_taken_away by my elder sister.
4.ought to/should have done 表示过去本来应该做某事(而实际上并没有做),意为"理应做......,本来应该做......",常表示遗憾;ought not to/shouldn't have done 表示"过去本来不应该做某事(而实际上做了)",含有指责对方或自责的意味。
The flowers have died. I should have watered them often.
这些花儿都死了。我本来应该常给它们浇水的。(其实没浇水,表示遗憾)
You ought not to have told them the truth.
你本不应该告诉他们真相的。(其实你告诉他们了,含有责备的意味)
5.needn't have done sth.表示"本来不必做某事(实际上已经做了)"; need have done sth.表示"本来需要做某事(实际上未做)"
I needn't have bought so much wine - only five people came.
我本来没有必要买这么多酒,只来了五个人。
He need have hurried to the station. In that case, he wouldn't have missed the train.
他本来需要快点去车站。那样的话,他就不会误了火车。
6.would have done sth.表示"原本想做某事";也可以用于虚拟语气中,表示与过去事实相反。
I would have given you the book yesterday,but I didn't cover it completely.
我原本想昨天给你那本书的,可是我没能全部读完。
It would never have happened without your help.
要不是你的帮助,这绝不会发生。
[即时演练2]